To be eligible for the National Clinician Scholars program, applicants must be:
- MDs or RNs with a doctoral degree (PhD or DNP)
- Committed to a career in serving as change agents to improve health and health care
- Highly regarded by those responsible for their clinical training
- In completion of the clinical requirements allowing for independent clinical work by the date of entry into the program (except for surgeons)
- Within 5 years of having completed clinical training at the time of application, if a physician, and within 5 years of having completed the doctoral degree, if a nurse
- Eligible for or already have a medical license, if a physician
- Citizens or permanent residents of the United States or its territories at the time of application
- Demonstrated interest in improving health or the healthcare system
- Exhibited leadership capabilities
- Demonstrated ability to develop new ideas and to implement them
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with others
- Record of consistent accomplishment of project activities
- Previous research experience, published or unpublished
- Interest in, and/or experience with, community organizations
For all applicants, relevant research experience is a particular strength in the application evaluation process. 100% effort devoted to program activities is a program requirement.
This program embraces diversity and inclusion across multiple dimensions, such as race, ethnicity, gender, age, and socioeconomic status. We also encourage applicants from diverse clinical backgrounds. The program strongly encourages applications from candidates who will help us expand the perspectives and experiences we bring to our work, thereby improving our ability to help all Americans live healthier lives and get the care they need.
Want to translate research into action? Have questions about NCSP or the application process? Participate in one of our upcoming virtual conference sessions with current Program Directors and Scholars!
For Postdoctoral Nurse Applicants Only
The NCSP Duke University site is hosting an information session for postdoctoral nurse applicants. Both a broad overview of NCSP and unique information about the Duke site will be provided.
Wednesday, June 13, 2018
3 pm-4 pm EST//12 pm-1 pm PST
Join in person:
Duke University School of Nursing, Pearson Building, Room 4140
Virtual access via Zoom:
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/120562668
Or iPhone one-tap : US: +16465588656, 120562668# or +16699006833, 120562668#
Or Telephone: US: +1 646 558 8656 or +1 669 900 6833 Meeting ID: 120 562 668
For All Applicants
The NCSP national office is hosting an information session for all applicants. Current Program Directors and Scholars from all the sites will be available to answer your questions. Questions may also be submitted in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Friday, June 29, 2018
2 pm-3 pm EST//11 am-12 pm PST
To join this session, please register using this link: https://zoom.us/meeting/register/169bcefd43c927fbc5b9141539e44ee6